JOB VACANCY: Tendering Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tendering Engineer to join the Rock Surveying team. The role would ideally suit a qualified engineering technician with experience of electrical distribution using AutoCAD.
You will be responsible for producing tender designs and specifying and quantifying the materials and switchgear required for new electrical connection projects at the quotation stage. Typical projects range from apartment blocks, new commercial developments, load upgrades for existing businesses and Electric Vehicle chargers.
You will ideally be proficient with AutoCAD and have a good working knowledge of current legislation, the DNOs' technical standards and codes of practice. You will have experience in interpreting requirements to define the best design solution and demonstrate accuracy in measuring cable routes or determining equipment. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and able to work independently, but also work closely with the wider Commercial team and Project Managers.
The role is predominantly based in Worcester, but occasionally requires national travel to sites, hence a full UK driving licence is essential.
We have a varied client base which means you will gain a broad experience of many different types of construction projects. As a regional award winner for People Development, we are passionate about supporting motivated candidates to gain experience and learn new skills.
* Electrical Engineering qualification, or experience of electrical distribution
* 1-2 years design experience
* Fully proficient with AutoCAD and Excel
* Detailed understanding of the electricity distribution industry and associated standards and regulations
* Ability to interpret complex requirements
* Excellent organisation and time management
* Full UK clean driving licence
* Previous experience with a DNO or IDNO would be highly valued
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role, please contact us and we will arrange a call back at a convenient time.
We will not accept applicants from Recruitment Consultants.
Closing Date: Monday 30th November