JOB VACANCY: SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join the team at Rock Power Connections, to further enhance all aspects of safety, health, the environment and quality.
You will be working alongside both internal and external stakeholders to embed a dynamic health and safety strategy, covering all aspects of the project lifecycle from design through to energisation.
A confident and experienced motivator of change, you will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement, engaging with employees, clients and third-party contractors to challenge methods of working and create new ideas to improve the operational environment. Key to this is ensuring you win the hearts and minds of everyone working on site to ensure they take personal accountability for their safety, the environment they are working within and the quality of the work being undertaken.
On a tactical level, the individual will be responsible for providing senior technical advice on all health and safety matters and operational system compliance. This will ensure that employees achieve and maintain appropriate authorisations and competencies relevant to their role and that as an organisation, Rock Power Connections remains compliant with technical accreditation bodies and distribution safety rules.
The role brings a huge variety of projects to support; from low voltage Electric Vehicle (EV) charger connections to 132kV primary substations. Many projects are new electrical connections to commercial and industrial premises, working alongside blue chip clients and construction companies.
The ideal candidate:
· Has NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ L6 Diploma, or NVQ L5 in Occupational H&S Management.
· Holds Grad IOSH or CMIOSH Membership.
· Comes from an electrical or utilities background, with at least 5 years’ experience.
· Has demonstrable experience of leading safety culture across a multi-site environment.
· Has a good understanding of the electrical Distribution Safety Rules and their application.
· Understands the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
· Has experience of setting SHEQ strategy and implementing safety management systems.
· Has the inter-personal skills to be able to proactively influence individual behaviour.
· Is located in the broader Midlands area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Strategy and Policy:
· Challenging the Board and Managers to ensure that SHEQ policy and procedures are constantly kept up to date.
· Review, update and embed the Company Health and Safety Policy, along with subsidiary documentation.
· Maintain the business-wide SHEQ Management System.
· Ensure the Company continues to meet it’s legislative and regulatory obligations.
Audit and Compliance:
· Ensure that the Company's sites and business units are systematically inspected and audited.
· Assist with setting annual company objectives and targets to maintain ISO and SSIP accreditations.
· Compile and develop Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work (Method Statements).
· Lead H&S Forums and Internal Reviews and implement recommendations where appropriate.
· Undertake office fire and general Risk Assessments.
· Undertake audits of returned and completed paperwork, to ensure compliance with statutory body requirements e.g. Lloyds NERs, Achilles.
· Ensure that third party accreditations and audits are achieved and retained.
· Oversee and ensure all operational employees receive at least 2 personal audits per annum.
· Lead and control accident investigations and other reported adverse events, and implement mitigating actions.
· Advise on the requirements of the Temporary Works Procedure and relevant appointments on projects.
· Coordinate random drugs and alcohol testing within the business.
· Encourage an environment of continuous improvement across all project and business activities.
· Develop Construction Phase Plans and other documentation for new and ongoing CDM projects.
· Provide technical assistance with frameworks and new business tender submissions.
· Ensure organisational compliance with the requirements of DNOs / IDNOs eg live jointing.
· Assessment of third-party suppliers and subcontractors to ensure appropriate competence and safety performance is maintained at all times.
· Assessing individual capabilities to identify skills gaps.
· Liaising with senior management to implement appropriate training programmes.
· Reviewing attained qualifications of the workforce to ensure competence is maintained.
· Developing monthly Health and Safety updates for company personnel.
· Developing memos to raise health and safety awareness following adverse events.
· Support the Mental Health and Wellbeing programme.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not accept applicants from Recruitment Consultants.
CLOSING DATE: 16th April