JOB VACANCY: Electricity Connections Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join the new connections delivery team at Rock Power Connections, with a focus on all aspects of the construction, installation and commissioning of new electricity contestable connections up to and including 33kV.
You’ll be working in a team of Project Managers in close liaison with the design, commercial, civils and electrical teams and have responsibility for delivering contestable connections on time and to budget.
The role brings a huge variety of projects to work on; new developments and conversions; commercial and apartments. We work on large prestigious developments for well-known brands through to smaller, one-off developers. Regardless of the client we pride ourselves on delivering the best in customer service, communicating constantly with our clients.
We’re looking for someone who will can synchronously manage multiple projects at different stages of installation. You will have great organisation skills, attention to detail and will monitor and forecast project performance and costs. Ultimately you will control the overall project to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
Proactive communication is key; you will be liaising with and coordinating technical staff, DNOs, iDNOs, and sub-contractors to meet the project programme and the client’s specifications. Maintaining clear and constant communication with clients and the commercial team is also a big priority – we pride ourselves on quality installation and winning repeat business.
You’ll need to be proactive and solution-focused; anticipating and overcoming potential issues.
In return, Rock Power Connections offers excellent colleagues and a friendly culture, evidenced by our outstanding retention rate. We are agile and love to drive and celebrate team success. If you get job satisfaction from ‘making things happen’ and having happy clients, then you could be a perfect fit.
Your role as Project Manager will be to manage a portfolio of connections, taking responsibility for all aspects of the project delivery ensuring completion on time, on budget and to the client’s expectations.
You will plan delivery programmes, take financial control, schedule required resource (including civils, electrical works, traffic management and commissioning), procure materials, prepare work instructions and completion paperwork
Above all, you will promote and demonstrate a culture of Health, Safety & Quality in line with Rock’s exemplary reputation.
The ideal candidate:
* comes from an electrical or jointing background, with industry experience.
* has demonstrable experience of managing installation works, working across different clients and sites at the same time.
* Is focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Has the ability to interpret complex requirements, identify any risks, and communicate effectively
* Has excellent organisational skills and time management skills with a strong ability to forward plan
* Has an in-depth knowledge of HV/LV cable laying, switchgear installation, cable jointing and commissioning.
* Is located within the Worcestershire or Midlands area.
Desirable qualities include:
* HNC in an electrical-related discipline
* SSSTS or SMSTS qualification
* NRSWA Supervisor qualification
* Manage a portfolio of projects and undertake appropriate internal and external reporting to ensure all relevant parties are kept up to date on progress
* Work with the Commercial and Design teams to ensure designs fully meet client requirements.
* Engage with clients to secure feedback on draft designs to ensure timely submission for approval.
* Liaise with and coordinate all parties to ensure timely planning and delivery of the project – and respond to client enquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
* Plan programmes of work through engagement with key client contacts and determine agreed milestones, dates, and deliverables – and ensure these are updated throughout project changes to remain current
* Establish and maintain financial control of projects (including variations) throughout delivery – and keep accurate records of progress against budget.
* Procure required labour, with in defined budgets, to deliver the project (including relevant third party requirements such as civils, traffic management, and commissioning)
* Prepare relevant, detailed work instructions for all elements of installation works, and ensure that teams (whether internal or external) are fully briefed on expectations and timescales.
* Procure and budget for the materials and equipment required to deliver the project installation
* Carry out audits as required on both site activities and third party suppliers – and ensure any non-conformances are raised, recorded, and mitigated
* Ensure all works in the Public Highway are carried out in liaison with the local authority, and comply with NRSWA and HAUC Specifications
* Liaise with other staff and clients to ensure that all targets and key milestones are met – and ensure any deviations are raised and addressed with all parties
* Ensure all works are carried out to DNO and IDNO specifications, to ensure audits are successfully passed and final connections take place.
* Undertake final quality audits of all installation works
* Ensure all installation documentation is completed accurately and correctly by the installation teams and filed into contract folders for submission to the DNO/IDNO as required
* Be a Rock ambassador – your performance, manner, and approach can help with securing repeat business – you are the face of Rock.
* Continuously monitor and forecast project performance and costs, and ultimately control the overall project to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
Pease email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role, please contact us and we will arrange a call back at a convenient time.
We will not accept applicants from Recruitment Consultants.