JOB VACANCY: Electrical Connections Manager
We have a rare opportunity to join the Business Development team at Rock Power Connections, focusing on securing new electrical connections within the construction industry. You’ll be working with a close-knit team driving opportunities through the quotation and design process, devising solutions which fit our clients’ needs.
The role brings a huge variety of projects to work on; new developments and conversions; commercial and apartments. We work on large prestigious developments for well-known brands through to smaller, one-off developers. Regardless of the client we pride ourselves on delivering the best in customer service, communicating constantly with our clients.
We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced culture. We have a staggering amount of passion and energy for what we do and we need our next team member to be able to match that. The right candidate loves reaching out to people and building new relationships.
You’ll need to be proactive and solution-focused; the kind of person who thinks “how can I do this” instead of “I can’t”.
You won’t necessarily need to know all about the new connections sector, but experience in energy or utilities would be beneficial. We will teach you everything you need to know about connections, so you need to be able to take on technical information about switchgear and, ultimately, get excited about substations.
You need to bring a winning combination of commercial skills, attention to detail and proactive communication.
In return, Rock Power Connections offers excellent colleagues and a friendly culture, evidenced by our outstanding retention rate. We are agile and love to drive and celebrate success. If you get job satisfaction from ‘making things happen’ and having happy clients, then you could be a perfect fit.
Your role will be to build and maintain relationships with potential customers, ensuring that Rock Power Connections are given the opportunity to quote for electricity projects within the designated region(s). You will work with colleagues in design and commercials to produce quotations and present these to clients, ultimately taking them through to the order stage.
You will be expected to provide first class account management to customers and to ensure that Rock Power Connections is given the chance to quote for all ongoing opportunities.
* Driven, with a desire to learn new skills and grow technical knowledge and expertise of the Electrical Connections industry.
* Focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to be adaptable and sell technical products and services.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
* Thrives under pressure in a fast-paced working environment.
* Be located within the Worcestershire or Midlands area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES * Have or develop a detailed understanding of the new connections market and our role as an ICP (Independent Connections Provider) within it.
* Ensure you have or develop your technical and electrical knowledge to assist customer solutions.
* Build and develop good relationships with both existing and potential clients, ensuring that Rock Power Connections is in a strong position to gain future business opportunities.
* Undertake client meetings and site meetings. During COVID-19, we are using zoom to facilitate face-to-face meetings.
* Own a proactive prospecting strategy to develop partnerships with new consultants and developers to assist delivery of commercial targets.
* Work with marketing to identify and target new sectors.
* Work with design and commercial colleagues to ensure that a competitive proposal is prepared and submitted within agreed timeframes.
* Take responsibility for ensuring that all proposals are followed up, obtaining good feedback or producing an alternative solution where required.
* Secure orders from your quotations, brief these into the back office and delivery team.
* Monitor your performance against objectives as agreed with Manager.
* Monitor and keep abreast of competitor activity within designated sales sectors.
Pease email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role, please contact us and we will arrange a call back at a convenient time.
We will not accept applicants from Recruitment Consultants.