OVERVIEW OF THE OLEV WORKPLACE CHARGING GRANT SCHEME
OLEV’s Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a grant designed to encourage the uptake of Electric Vehicle (EV) chargers at the workplace for employees or commercial fleets.
Here you’ll find the key information summarised.
* The WCS is a voucher-based scheme. You apply before you install the EV chargers and the grant is paid to the installer. However, your installer cannot charge you for the grant before it is paid to them, eg, it must apply to the quotation for the works.
* The grant you receive is limited to 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £350 (including VAT) for each socket, up to a maximum of 40 sockets across all sites for each applicant.
* You can do multiple applications. If you do not meet the maximum in your first application (eg, the full 40 sockets), you can submit another application for further works as long as you do not exceed the maximum across all your applications.
* A double headed EV charger will get up to £700. A socket is an EV charger head. EV chargers may have multiple sockets and the grant amount applies to each.
* The voucher will be valid for six months (180 days) from the date of issue.
* A voucher can only be redeemed by installers who have been authorised by OLEV for the WCS and have approval from a chargepoint manufacturer to install their chargepoint models which are approved by OLEV. For example, Rock Power Connections is an approved Rolec installer who is authorised by OLEV for the Workplace Charging Scheme.
* If your installer is not accredited before the installation, your grant application will not be eligible.
HOW CAN ROCK POWER CONNECTIONS HELP?
If you are considering installing EV charging points at your workplace, speak to us for a free, no-obligation advice and quotation. We can discuss your options and give you an indication of the costs and whether you would need an electricity upgrade.
As an ICP, we are accredited to design an install a new electrical supply. We are NICEIC accredited and can offer a full installation service from grid to EV chargers.
For more information or to request a free, no obligation, competitive quote for the installation of EV charging points, please email Emma at email@example.com, call 01905 456384 or click here to submit your enquiry.