We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team at Rock Power Connections. The Project Managers are responsible for delivering ALL aspects of an electrical connection; on time, on budget, and to client’s expectations. The role would suit a highly-organised person with good communication skills who has a proactive approach to project delivery.
As a Project Manager you will manage all aspects of the construction, installation and commissioning of new electrical connections up to an including 33kV. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for delivering these contestable connections on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for liaising with and coordinating technical staff, DNOs, iDNOs, and sub-contractors to meet the project programme and the client’s specifications. You will monitor and forecast project performance and costs, and ultimately control the overall project to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
The role is Midlands-based but may entail national travel, hence a full UK driving licence is essential.
We have a varied client base which means you will have a varied workload of I&C sites and connections. As a regional award winner for People Development, we are passionate about supporting motivated candidates to gain experience and learn new skills.
* Electrically qualified
* HNC in electrical-related discipline is highly desirable
* 3 years or more Project Manager experience of electrical installations
* Have an in-depth knowledge of HV/LV cable laying, switchgear installation, cable jointing and commissioning.
* Full UK clean driving licence
* IT skills, including Microsoft Project
* SSSTS or SMSTS qualification is desirable
* CSCS/EUSR card is desirable
* IOSH certificate in managing Health & Safety (or equivalent) is desirable
* NRSWA is desirable
* Focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent organisational skills and time management skills with a strong ability to forward plan
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.